Bandai Namco revealed Pac-Man 99 this night. It’ll be obtainable on April 7 beginning at 6 p.m. Pacific. And not like Super Mario 35, it doesn’t seem to have an expiration date. The identify is just like Tetris 99, one other Switch battle royale recreation based mostly on a beloved recreation model.
As the identify implies, 99 gamers every play Pac-Man till one is left standing. While the sport is free with a Nintendo Switch Online subscription, you should buy themes based mostly on different Namco arcade classics like Galaga and Dig Dug.
Bandai Namco already experimented with a battle royale Pac-Man final yr with Pac-Man Mega Tunnel Battle, which supported 64 gamers. It was additionally on Stadia. I think about this Switch recreation may have a bit extra curiosity.
GamesBeat’s creed when overlaying the sport business is “where passion meets business.” What does this imply? We wish to inform you how the information issues to you — not simply as a decision-maker at a recreation studio, but additionally as a fan of video games. Whether you learn our articles, take heed to our podcasts, or watch our movies, GamesBeat will enable you study in regards to the business and luxuriate in partaking with it.
How will you try this? Membership contains entry to:
- Newsletters, reminiscent of DeanBeat
- The fantastic, academic, and enjoyable audio system at our occasions
- Networking alternatives
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” occasions with GamesBeat workers
- Chatting with group members, GamesBeat workers, and different visitors in our Discord
- And possibly even a enjoyable prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded events