Team information, stats, kick-off time forward of Arsenal vs Slavia Prague within the Europa League on Thursday (kick-off 8pm).
Arsenal have been boosted by the return of Emile Smith Rowe, who’s again in full coaching and obtainable for choice on the Emirates after a current thigh harm.
Bukayo Saka can be match following a hamstring downside, whereas Granit Xhaka has overcome a bout of sickness.
Kieran Tierney is out for between 4 to 6 weeks with a knee harm however won’t require surgical procedure, whereas Martin Odegaard is being assessed for an ankle grievance since being on worldwide obligation.
David Luiz has undergone a small process on his proper knee and can miss the conflict however ought to be again to full health within the subsequent few weeks.
Slavia Prague‘s Ondrej Kudela has been provisionally suspended for the primary leg as UEFA additionally opened disciplinary proceedings towards Rangers midfielder Glen Kamara over their conflict within the Europa League match final month.
The guests are already depleted at centre-back with Simon Deli and David Hovorka additionally out, however Abdallah Sima is on the market regardless of a home ban.
Eighteen-year-old goalkeeper Matyas Vagner is about to begin in aim regardless of being despatched off after simply 18 minutes on the weekend with first-choice Ondrej Kolar uncertain with a sinus fracture sustained towards Rangers.
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta admitted he was “in shock” after Saturday’s 3-0 Premier League loss to Liverpool. The contest was so one-sided, debate turned rapidly as to whether Arsenal have improved underneath Arteta. The Spaniard’s win proportion within the league from his first 50 video games in cost is simply 42 per cent.
His predecessor Unai Emery, now in command of fellow Europa League quarter-finalists Villarreal, had a 49 per cent win proportion from his 51 video games there. Exciting kids like Bukayo Saka and Emile Smith Rowe have emerged, however Arteta must see indicators of actual enchancment towards Slavia Prague to silence a few of the background noise.
Kudela absence casts shadow
Slavia Prague defender Ondrej Kudela won’t be on the Emirates. Kundela has been handed a provisional one-match ban after being accused of racially abusing Rangers midfielder Glen Kamara final month.
Kudela faces a minimal 10-game ban if discovered responsible of insulting the “human dignity” of Kamara on the grounds of his pores and skin color and race, however his no-show in London has prevented Police Scotland from questioning the 34-year-old as regards to their prison investigation towards him.
How to comply with
Follow Arsenal vs Slavia Prague with our devoted reside weblog throughout Sky Sports’ digital platforms.
- The solely earlier matches between Arsenal and Slavia Prague in European competitors had been within the group phases of the 2007-08 UEFA Champions League – Arsenal gained 7-0 at house earlier than drawing 0-0 away. In the 7-0 win, 5 of Arsenal’s objectives had been scored by gamers aged 20 or youthful (x2 Walcott, x2 Fàbregas, x1 Bendtner).
- In all European competitors Arsenal are unbeaten towards Czech opposition (W7 D1 L0), holding seven clear sheets in eight matches; they’ve scored 22 instances and conceded solely twice throughout these video games.
- Slavia Prague will turn out to be the primary crew to face three British opponents (Leicester, Rangers and Arsenal) within the knockout rounds of a UEFA European competitors since AC Milan within the 2006-07 Champions League (Celtic, Man Utd and Liverpool).
- This is Arsenal’s sixteenth quarter-final tie in main European competitors, progressing from 9 of the earlier 15, together with every of the final two – versus CSKA Moscow in 2017-18 and Napoli in 2018-19, each on this competitors.
- 15 completely different gamers have scored for Arsenal within the UEFA Europa League this season (personal objectives excluded), probably the most distinctive scorers of any facet this season; the one facet to have extra completely different gamers rating for them in a single UEFA Europa League marketing campaign had been Arsenal in 2017-18 (16).