House panel launches investigation into One Medical’s vaccination practices

by akoloy



The strain is rising for the tech-powered main care platform One Medical as Congress has launched an investigation into its COVID-19 vaccination practices, NPR reported Tuesday.

The publication tracked down a letter despatched by the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis to One Medical late Monday night time that raises its issues and calls for documentation of the corporate’s vaccination processes.

“Despite being warned that the company’s lax oversight of vaccine eligibility rules was allowing ineligible patients to jump the line, One Medical has reportedly failed to properly implement an effective protocol to verify eligibility and instructed staff not to police eligibility,” James Clyburn, the subcommittee chairman wrote within the letter, in response to NPR.

One Medical has till March 15 to share details about the way it has been vaccinating sufferers, together with the demographic breakdowns of the folks it has vaccinated thus far, in addition to communication information of vaccine appointments for these near the corporate’s management, NPR reported.

WHAT’S THE IMPACT?

During the company’s earnings call final week Amir Dan Rubin, the chairman and CEO of One Medical, addressed the allegations and mentioned “we strongly refute these gross mischaracterizations.”

He went on to explain the “numerous checkpoints” One Medical has in place to confirm that the individual scheduling a vaccine appointment is eligible.

“However, it is still possible that some people either misrepresented themselves, abused our trust, or booked outside the specific eligibility criteria for their county even if they are eligible in another adjacent county,” Rubin mentioned throughout the name.

The firm claims that 96% of the people vaccinated by One Medical have eligibility-proving documentation and the remaining 4% got vaccines in accordance with zero-waste protocols, in response to a statement on its website.

One Medical shared a press release with NPR after studying in regards to the congressional probe, saying, “We remain dedicated to lending our time and resources to providing equitable and accessible care for the communities we serve, and are confident that we will be able to clear up these misunderstandings.”

Still, quite a few public well being departments in areas the place One Medical was vaccinating have reduce off their provide to the corporate, and the San Francisco Department of Public Health went as far as to direct the corporate to return 1,600 doses.

THE LARGER TREND

One Medical began vaccinating neighborhood members of San Francisco on the tail finish of 2020, and since then the corporate has registered as a vaccine supplier with greater than 30 completely different jurisdictions, Rubin mentioned throughout the earnings name.

The firm went public early in 2020 and was valued at simply over $1.7 billion.

For its first yr as a publicly-traded firm, One Medical closed the yr with $380.2 million in web income, 549,000 complete members and a variety of new markets, together with Portland, Oregon; Atlanta; Orange County, California; and Austin, Texas.

 



Source link

You may also like

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

We are happy to introduce our Youtube Channel

Subscribe to get curated news from various unbias news channels
0 Shares
Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap