Leicester suffered a shock Europa League exit after struggling a 2-0 defeat by the hands of Slavia Prague on the King Power Stadium.
After final week’s 0-0 attract Prague, Brendan Rodgers’ aspect nonetheless had loads of work to do however, within the absence of the rested Harvey Barnes and the injured James Maddison, they struggled to search out their rhythm on Thursday.
Their activity was made even more durable as Lukas Provod’s Forty ninth-minute away objective left them with a mountain to climb.
Rodgers despatched on Barnes within the 61st minute however the injury had already been performed and Abdallah Sima’s strike (79) rounded off a memorable European evening for the Czech aspect to ship them into Friday’s last-16 draw.
After a disappointing evening, Leicester’s focus will now swap again to the Premier League the place they may look to construct on what has already been a promising season and safe a top-four spot and Champions League soccer.
5 – Leicester supervisor Brendan Rodgers has been eradicated from all 5 of his UEFA Europa League knockout ties as a supervisor (all final 32) – with Liverpool in 2012-13 and 2014-15, Celtic in 2017-18 and 2018-19 and Leicester this season. Disappointment. #UEL pic.twitter.com/mLesa9CHgI
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) February 25, 2021
More to comply with…
Opta stats – Leicester’s unbeaten house run in Europe ended
- Leicester suffered their first house defeat in any European competitors since September 1997 towards Atlético de Madrid within the UEFA Cup, ending a run of 9 such matches with out defeat (W7 D2).
- Slavia Prague picked up simply their second-ever win over an English membership in all competitions (additionally March 2000 v Leeds United), and first away from house of their sixth such go to (D1 L4 beforehand).
- Slavia Prague received an away knockout stage match in a serious European competitors (excluding qualifiers) whereas additionally maintaining a clear sheet for the primary time since September 2000, a 2-0 UEFA Cup win over Akademisk Boldklub.
- Lukáš Provod’s objective was Slavia Prague’s first shot on course of the evening towards Leicester, ending the Foxes’ run of 234 minutes with out conceding a objective within the UEFA Europa League.
- Nicolae Stanciu has assisted extra targets than some other participant for Slavia Prague on this season’s UEFA Europa League (three).
- Abdallah Dipo Sima’s 4 targets for Slavia Prague is probably the most by a young person on this season’s UEFA Europa League.
The draw will happen at noon on Friday, February 26 in Nyon’s House of European Football at 12pm UK time. You will be capable of comply with it throughout Sky Sports’ platforms.
- March 11 & 18: Round of 16
- April 8 & 15: Quarter-finals
- April 29 & May 6: Semi-finals
- May 26: Final (Gdansk, Poland)
Leicester host Arsenal within the Premier League on Sunday at noon, whereas Slavia Prague journey to Solvacko within the Czech First League, additionally on Sunday at 3pm.